Nightingales Medical Trust (NMT) is a professionally managed, non-profit voluntary organization working for the well-being of the elderly in and around Bangalore since 1998. While the traditional joint family system is fast disintegrating in India, NMT is striving to keep family bonds intact through various innovative, families and community based support systems for elders of different socio-economic groups. Every day, over 800 elders benefit from the services of Nightingales.
Some of Nightingales’ projects have emerged as models and are being replicated in other parts of the country. Besides involving the community in all the programmes, Nightingales Medical Trust is successfully partnering with government agencies such as the National Institute of Social Defense, Bangalore City Police and Bangalore City Corporation.
NMT enriches the lives of senior citizens through:
* Community-based, Innovative support systems
* Services to meet their physical, medical, emotional, economic and social requirements
* Addressing elder abuse
* Promoting employment opportunities for non-pensioned elders
* Rendering comprehensive Dementia Care
* Advocacy, training and awareness programmes
For more details visit www.nightingaleseldercare.com